- Serves 4
Freekah saladSend me these ingredients
Roasted rump with freekah and pomegranate salad
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place a frying pan over a moderately high heat. Rub the lamb with some olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Sear for 8 minutes or until nicely browned all over. Rub with mustard and transfer to an oven tray. Roast for 12-15 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Set aside to rest for 5-10 minutes, loosely covering with foil.
- Slice the rested lamb and serve with the freekah salad and a dollop of mustard.
- For the freekah salad:
- Mix the freekah with the amonds, pomegranate seeds and parsley. Season with salt and pepper and dress with the olive oil and pomegranate molasses.
- Try substituting the freekah with other grains, such as cous cous, brown rice or quinoa.
- The freekah salad also works beautifully with roasted shoulder or leg of lamb.
*Freekah is a Middle Eastern dried and roasted green wheat, available from supermarkets or delis. Cook according to instructions on the packet.
**Pomegranate molasses is a reduced pomegranate syrup, available from supermarkets.