- Serves 8
Spicy lamb leg & green mango salad
- In a large snap-lock bag or glass dish combine oil, garlic and ½ cup Thai dressing. Season. Add lamb, turn to coat and set aside for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Heat a large char-grill pan or BBQ over medium-high heat. Drain lamb from marinade and cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until charred.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for a further 12-15 minutes, basting with any remaining marinade and turning a few times, or until cooked to your liking. Remove from heat, set aside on a tray loosely covered with foil and rest for 10 minutes.
- Place snake beans to a medium mortar (in batches, if necessary). Pound with a pestle to bruise - this will split and soften the beans. Place beans in a large bowl add green mango, cucumber, tomatoes, eschallots and half the peanuts. Add remaining dressing and toss gently to coat.
- Slice lamb and add to salad, tossing gently. Serve immediately topped with peanuts, coriander, chilli and lime wedges.
- Green mango can be found at Asian grocers or specialty greengrocers.
If unavailable, you can swap green mango for cucumber or zucchini (seeds removed, shredded) or even rice vermicelli noodles.
- Snake beans can be substituted with blanched green beans.
- Thai dressing is available in the Asian aisle at supermarkets or any Asian grocer.
- Choose the chilli with your desired level of heat – leaving seeds and membrane makes the chilli hotter.