- Serves 2
Roast lamb rump with pumpkin and mint salsa verde
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Spread pumpkin wedges on a baking tray lined with baking paper, drizzle with half the oil, season with paprika, salt and pepper and roast for 25-30 minutes until golden brown and tender.
- Meanwhile, spread baby carrots in a separate roasting pan, drizzle with remaining oil and season. Brush lamb with a little oil, season with native bush spice and a little salt. Place on top of carrots and roast for 15-20 minutes for rare, 20-25 minutes for medium-rare, 25-30 minutes for well done. Remove from oven, cover lamb loosely with foil and set aside to rest for 15 minutes.
- While the lamb rests, make the mint salsa verde. Process ingredients in a small food processor until finely chopped, season to taste.
- Serve lamb with roast pumpkin wedges, roast baby carrots and salsa verde, scattered with extra mint.
- For ease and accuracy, use a meat thermometer - the internal temperature for rare – 60°C, medium – 65-70°C, well-done – 75°C.