Lamb mini roast with balsamic syrup
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC. Rub the cut garlic cloves over the lamb, brush with a little oil, sprinkle with thyme leaves and season with salt and pepper.
- Sear in hot pan to brown and finish in the oven for 20 minutes for medium rare.
- Remove lamb, cover loosely, rest lamb for 10 minutes before serving. Slice the lamb against the grain and drizzle with the Balsamic syrup.
- To make Balsamic syrup: Combine the balsamic vinegar and brown sugar in a small pan, slowly bring to the boil, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes until thickened and syrupy.
- Served with mashed parsnip and cavolo nero (Tuscan cabbage).