- Serves 4
Tomato & cucumber salad
To serveSend me these ingredients
Marinated butterflied boneless lamb shoulder in lemon and parsley
- To marinate lamb, place oil, garlic, lemon and parsley in a large bowl. Add lamb and toss to coat. Season to taste. Marinate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat a lightly greased barbecue to high heat. Cook lamb, skin side down, for 10 minutes. Turn and cook for a further 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover with barbecue hood and cook for a further 12 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a large platter, cover loosely with foil and rest for 10 minutes before carving, to serve.
- Meanwhile, to make tomato and cucumber salad, place oil, vinegar and cumin in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add remaining ingredients and toss to combine. Season to taste.
- To serve, place salad in a large bowl and carved lamb on a large flat platter in the centre of the table. Serve with lemon wedges, sour cream and flat bread, on the side.
- If time permits, marinate lamb for 3 hours or overnight.
- Alternatively, cook lamb on a lightly greased large char grill pan over high heat for 8 minutes on each side. Transfer to a oven tray and cook in a moderate oven for 15 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
*Get your butcher to score the skin of your boneless butterflied lamb shoulder. This will help to marinate and impart more flavour.
*Substitute baby heirloom tomatoes with baby cherry or grape tomatoes