- Serves 2
SALMORIGLIOSend me these ingredients
Barbecued forequarter chops with salmoriglio
- Heat barbecue or large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Bring chops to room temperature. Rub lightly with oil and season.
- Grill asparagus on the barbecue for 3-4 minutes until charred all over. Transfer to a bowl and add beans and celery. Season; toss to combine.
- SALMORIGLIO: Combine all ingredients in a screw top jar; season and shake to combine.
- Cook chops for 3-4 minutes until moisture appears on one side. Turn chops and cook for a further 3 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate, cover loosely with foil and rest for a few minutes. Serve with vegetables, salmoriglio sauce and lemon wedges.
- Brush a combination of oregano, pepper and oil on any of your barbecued meats with a ‘brush’ made of fresh herbs.
- Salmoriglio is a southern Italian dressing made up of lemon juice, garlic and fresh oregano. It is traditionally served with roasted meats and seafood but is also delicious spooned over roasted pumpkin or potatoes.