- Serves 4
Lemongrass Braised Lamb Shanks
- Place all the marinade ingredients into medium bowl and mix well. Dust the shanks with a little flour. Heat a medium pan with veg oil, brown the shanks for a couple minutes on each side. Add the shanks and coat with marinade. Leave to marinate for 3 hours or best overnight
- Place the shanks and marinade in the pressure cooker top with stock, make sure the shanks are covered and clamp the lid. Bring to full pressure, turn the heat down to medi-um and cook for 25 mins. Turn off the heat and vent immediately
- Add the carrots, onion and potatoes and clamp the lid. Bring to full pressure, turn the heat down to medium and cook for 5 mins. Turn off the heat and vent immediately
- The shanks should be tender and falling off the bone. Taste the stock add salt if necessary
- Serve the shanks and veg on some steamed rice and garnish with garnish mix
- Diced lamb shoulder or lamb leg would also work in place of shanks - a cut that’s good for slow cooking.
- The potatoes can be swapped for sweet potato for a healthier option.
- Shanks can also be cooked in a pot simmering on the stove top for 2 to 3 hours.