Lamb rump steaks with Chinese-style salad
- To pickle the carrots: Place the sugar, salt and vinegar into a wide-base bowl and stir until dissolved. Add the carrot, stir well and set aside to pickle for 30 minutes. Drain before serving.
- Mix together the marinade ingredients in a mixing bowl. Add the lamb and coat well. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Preheat a chargrill or barbecue to moderately hot and cook the lamb for 2 ½ minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate, cover loosely with foil and rest for 10 minutes.
- To make the salad: Place the pickled carrot into a bowl with the salad ingredients and stir to combine.
- Slice lamb against the grain and serve with the salad.