- Brush steaks with half the miso paste, preheat a lightly oiled chargrill pan or BBQ and chargrill lamb for 3-4 minutes per side or until cooked to your liking. Rest for 5 minutes and slice.
- Heat oil in a wok and stir fry beans, carrot and mushrooms until lightly coloured. Add miso and 2 cups water, noodles and soy and cook for 4-5 minutes until noodles are just heated through.
- Divide noodles, vegetables and soup between serving bowls.
- Top noodles with sliced lamb, spring onions and chilli, if desired.
- Instead of lamb leg steaks, you can buy a deboned lamb leg, cut off your own 'steaks' and dice the rest of the lamb leg for skewers or use it whole on the bqq with a marinade.
- There are lots of different types of miso paste from sweet to mild to very salty. Try one with dashi for a savoury umami flavour.
- For an attractive garnish take a sharp knife and some green lengths of the spring onion and finely slice on a steep diagonal.
- Try udon or soba noodles, cook according to packet directions and add as per recipe.