- Serves 4
Japanese Miso Lamb Bowl
- Prepare microwave rice according to packet instructions. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine half the oil, miso paste, lime juice, sugar and 1 tablespoon water. Season with pepper. Set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in a large wok or non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add mince and cook for 4-5 minutes or until browned. Add edamame and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add half the miso dressing and toss to coat.
- Divide rice between bowls. Top with mince mixture, avocado, cucumber, snow peas and radishes. Season. Drizzle with remaining miso dressing and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve topped with snow pea sprouts, green onions and lime wedges.
- Lamb backstrap, fillet or rump would also work well in this bowl.
- Use your choice of vegetables in the bowl – asparagus, cherry tomatoes or green beans would also work well.
- Swap the rice for soba, egg or green tea noodles.