Five spice lamb chops with stir-fried vegetables
- Place lamb chops on a plate, brush with 2 teaspoons of oil and sprinkle both sides with five spice. Preheat a char grill until hot, cook the lamb for 2-3 minutes each side and then leave to rest.
- Mix ingredients for dipping sauce in a small bowl.
- Heat a wok until very hot, add 2 teaspoons of oil and swirl to coat the pan. Add garlic and stir for 5 seconds or until fragrant, then add the mushrooms and stir until golden. Add capsicum then the bok choy, and toss to combine. Add the soy sauce and stir through. Serve immediately with lamb, noodles and dipping sauce.
- Make your own five spice mix with a blend of star anise, cinnamon, cloves, Szechuan pepper and fennel.
- Try using forequarter chops, chump chops or cutlets if you can’t find loin chops.
- To add new flavour dimensions to your favourite cuts, why not experiment with a dry rub? If you've never tried a dry rub before, start with store-bought herbs and spices. You can create your own signature flavour combinations as you become more confident!