- Serves 4
Boned and rolled lamb loin roast with beans
- Preheat oven to 200C. To roast lamb, scatter onion carrot and celery over the base of a large roasting pan. Place lamb seem-side down.
- Using a small paring knife make fifteen shallow incisions scattered all over the top of the rolled lamb loin roast; taking care not to cut the kitchen string. Stuff rosemary and garlic into each incision. Drizzle with oil and roast for 1¼ hours or until cooked to you liking. Rest for 15 minutes before carving, to serve.
- Meanwhile, cook beans in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 3 minutes or until cooked but still with a crunch. Drain and place in a large bowl with butter. Season to taste.
- To serve, Divide beans among four plates and top with carved lamb. Serve with sourdough bread on the side.
- Get you butcher to roll and truss your lamb loin roast for you.
- Substitute rosemary with thyme or lemon thyme.
- If yellow beans are not in season, substitute with snow peas, sugar snap peas or asparagus.
- For a healthier option, get your butcher to trim all the skin from your lamb loin roast.