- Serves 4
The ultimate lamb burger
- Place lamb mince in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Using damp hands form 4 patties, pressing down on pattie with the back of your hand to flatten.
- Preheat a large non-stick frying pan or BBQ over medium-high heat. Rub patties on both sides with oil. Cook patties for 2-3 minutes or until bottoms are lightly charred. Turn patties over and top with cheese.
- Cook for a further 2 minutes, or until bottoms are lightly charred and cheese has melted. Set patties aside on plate loosely covered with foil.
- In a small bowl place onion and vinegar. Season with salt and toss to coat.
- Spread tzatziki over bottom halves of buns. Top with baby cos, lamb patties, tomato, beetroot and drained pickled onion. Top with mint sprigs and serve.
- This is a great recipe for feeding a crowd – you can simply cook the burgers and lay them our with all the other ingredients for people to build their own burgers.