- Serves 6
Mustard and maple butterflied lamb leg
- In a medium saucepan, place farro in 3 cups of water and season with salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer gently for 40 to 45 minutes, or until tender and liquid evaporates, adding more water if necessary. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine oil, mustard and maple syrup. Season. Place marinade and lamb in a large snap lock bag or glass bowl, turn to coat and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat a chargrill pan or barbecue over medium-high heat. Cook lamb for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until charred. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for a further 12 to 15 minutes, turning a few times, or until cooked to your liking. Remove from heat, set aside on a plate covered loosely with foil and rest for 10 minutes. Thinly slice.
- Spray eggplant and zucchini lightly with olive oil, sprinkle with oregano and season. Heat a chargrill pan or barbecue over medium-high heat and cook vegetables, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes each side, or until tender.
- Place farro, vegetables, rocket and lemon zest and juice in a large bowl, season and toss to coat. Top with lamb, dollop with creme fraiche and sprinkle with cinnamon to serve.