Moroccan spiced barbecued lamb steaks
- Brush the lamb steaks lightly with oil. Combine the Moroccan seasoning with the hazelnuts, rub over steaks. Preheat the barbecue flat-plate or char-grill plate to hot before adding the steaks.
- Cook on one side until the first sign of moisture appears. Turn steaks once only. Test the steaks for degree of doneness with tongs. Rare is soft, medium feels springy and well done is very firm.
- Remove steaks from heat, loosely cover with foil and rest steaks for 2 minutes before serving. Combine salad ingredients, serve with sliced lamb steaks.
- The best lamb cuts for barbecuing or pan-frying include eye of loin/backstrap, tenderloin/fillet, loin chops, cutlets, lamb steaks (round or topside).
- When you char-grill or barbecue don't turn the lamb too often, the rule is - turn once only. Use tongs never a barbecue fork to turn the meat, piercing the meat with the fork will drain the juices from thelamb onto the grill or barbecue plate.