- Serves 8
Baked tahini yoghurt carrots
DipSend me these ingredients
Middle Eastern style roast shoulder of lamb
- Pre heat oven to 200°C. Mix the lamb rub spices together with olive oil and rub all over the surface of the lamb. Pierce the lamb with small incisions randomly with a small knife and stuff with whole garlic cloves and rosemary sprigs.
- Bake the lamb for 30 mins until browned. Once browned, wrap the shoulder in baking paper then foil. Reduce the oven heat to 160°C and cook for a further 2 hours until very tender.
- Wash and trim the carrots and mix in tahini, cumin, honey, olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Keep to one side and bake at 160°C for the last 20 mins with the lamb.
- Rest the lamb for 10 mins before carving. Serve with yoghurt mixed with lemon juice.
- For an alternate cut, try using lamb leg.
- For an Indian flavoured lamb dish, use a simple Indian paste and follow the same cooking instructions.
- Make sure the lamb is of an even thickness so that it cooks evenly