- Serves 4
LAMB AND MARINADE
TOMATO SALADSend me these ingredients
Mediterranean Lamb Cutlets with Tomato Salad
- Combine chilli flakes, fresh herbs, lemon zest, and a generous pinch of salt and pepper in a bowl. Arrange lamb cutlets on a large plate or shallow baking dish and sprinkle both sides with the herb mixture. Press the chops with your fingers to work the herbs into the meat. Drizzle cutlets with olive oil, turn to coat, and set in the fridge for approx. 30 mins before cooking.
- For tahini sauce, whisk all ingredients in a bowl and season. Place in a serving bowl, cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Toss salad ingredients in a bowl, season and place in a serving bowl.
- Preheat a heavy-based skillet or griddle pan or barbecue to medium-high. Cook the cutlets for 2 minutes each side for pink, juicy meat, or a little longer if you prefer your cutlets well-done. Transfer to a clean plate to rest. Serve with salad, tahini sauce, warm pita bread and lemon wedges.
- Lamb cutlets can be substituted for forequarter chops or loin chops.
- For extra flavour, marinate cutlets for two hours to allow the marinade to sink in to the meat.
- As a substitute to sumac, use grated lemon zest mixed with salt or black pepper.