- Serves 4
Lamb Steaks with Ginger and Cucumber Salad
1. Brush lamb on both sides with 1 tablespoon oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook lamb in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes each side. Rest on a plate loosely covered with foil for 5 minutes. Slice lamb.
2. Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a small saucepan over low heat. Add garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Remove from heat. Add soy sauce, lime juice and sugar. Stir until sugar dissolves. Season and set aside to cool.
3. Arrange the cucumber, asparagus and coriander on a serving platter. Drizzle with dressing, season and sprinkle with chilli and peanuts.
4. Serve lamb with salad and lime wedges.
- Lamb rump, fillet or backstrap are alternative cuts that would work well with this recipe.
- Ensure you rest the lamb after cooking to maximise tenderness and juiciness.
- Green beans, snow peas or sugar snaps would also be a delicious side for this recipe.