- Serves 4
Lamb rack with cherry tomato salad
- Pre-heat oven to 200ºC.
- Cover the tips of the rack bones with aluminium foil to prevent burning. Brush lamb with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Brown lamb in a hot frypan with olive oil, then place in a roasting dish and roast in oven for 20 minutes (for medium).
- To be sure how the lamb is cooked insert a meat thermometer into the centre of each rack – rare is 55-60ºC, medium is 65-70ºC and well done is 75ºC. Remove from oven and leave to rest for 10 minutes. Cut the ribs into individual portions for serving, 4 per person.
- In a bowl, mix the tomatoes, onion and olives. Season with salt and pepper and add the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Let the flavours develop for 10 minutes before serving, adding basil and oregano at the table.
- Try adding any spice mix or store-bought marinade to the lamb racks before cooking.
* you will need aluminium foil for this recipe