- Serves 4
Lamb mini roast with oregano
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC. Brush the roast lightly with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the lamb on a rack in a roasting dish. Roast for 15 minutes for rare, 25 minutes for medium, or 30 minutes for well done. For ease and accuracy use a meat thermometer.
- Remove lamb, cover loosely, rest lamb for 10 minutes before serving. While lamb is resting
- Combine the oil, lemon juice, water, garlic, and the fresh and dried oregano.
- To serve, slice the lamb and spoon over the oregano mixture. Serve with roast potatoes and steamed vegetables.
- Suggested roasting times per 500g for: Eye of shortloin/backstrap, lamb round or topside mini roast, lamb rump. Cook at 220ºC. Rare 15-20 min per 500g Medium 20-25 min per 500g Well done 25-30 min per 500g.
- Judging your roast’s degree of doneness using a meat thermometer
- The internal temperature for: Rare – 55-60ºC, Medium rare – 60-65ºC, Medium – 65-70ºC, Medium well – 70-75ºC, Well done – 75ºC.
- You can also use tongs to test the roast’s doneness. Gently prod or squeeze the roast – rare is very soft, medium rare is soft, medium is springy but soft, medium well is firm and well done is very firm.