Lamb mince, eggplant and rocket salad
- Heat a large non-stick frypan over medium-high heat. Add 1 tbsp oil, garlic, onion, fennel seeds, coriander seeds and cinnamon. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring regularly, until onion has softened.
- Add lamb and cook for 4-5 minutes. Stir in half the balsamic vinegar, season and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until lamb is browned. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a large char-grill over medium-high heat. Brush eggplant with 1 tbsp oil, season and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until charred. Set aside on a plate lined with paper towel.
- On a serving platter place baby rocket, radishes, cannellini beans and eggplant. Drizzle with remaining oil and balsamic vinegar, season and toss to coat.
- Top with lamb mince and sprinkle with dill and mint. Serve with tzatziki and lemon wedges.
- Use sliced lamb steaks or backstrap instead of lamb mince in this recipe.
- Swap spices in the recipe for a Baharat spice mix – available at greengrocers and delicatessens.
- Swap cannellini beans for lentils or chickpeas; swap mint and dill for parsley and coriander.