- Serves 4
Hummus with Spiced Lamb, Pomegranate and Mint
- Heat a large non-stick fry pan to high heat. Add oil and onions, sauté for 2 minutes. Add spices, toast for 1 minute before adding lamb.
- Break mince up and stir through spices and onion evenly. Stir every minute or so until starting to brown and caramelise. Total time should be approximately 12-15 minutes. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Whilst still on heat, deglaze the pan with pomegranate molasses and scrape up any crispy bits on the bottom of the pan and stir through.
- Whilst lamb is cooking, prepare hummus by placing all ingredients, reserving olive oil, into a high-speed food processor.
- Blitz on high whilst drizzling olive in, until desired consistency is achieved.
- To serve, place a pool of hummus on your plate and sprinkle a pile of the lamb on top. Sprinkle over pomegranate, herbs, pine nuts and drizzle of olive oil. Serve with toasted pita bread.
- Cooked minced lamb keeps well in the freezer so prepare this dish in advance and defrost when you just can’t find the motivation to cook.
- Any leftovers are great for the next day – just add to a wrap or salad.
- If you can’t find pomegranates, I like to use radishes for colour and texture, but anything with a fresh crunch will do.
- You can make hummus ahead of time or opt for shop bought.