Grilled forequarter chops with soba noodle salad
- Place rice vinegar and salt in a large bowl and stir until salt almost dissolves. Add lamb and toss to coat.
- For pickled vegetables, combine rice vinegar, water and salt in a large bowl. Add chilli, radish, cucumber and cabbage and toss to combine.
- Place a lightly oiled char grill pan or frypan over high heat and cook lamb chops for 3-4 minutes per side until deeply golden and nicely charred without being burnt.
- Cook noodles as per packet instrucitons, drain and toss through sesame oil.
- Drain excess liquid off the pickled vegetables and serve evenly among the plates with a pile of pickled vegetables along with two forequarter chops. Garnish with extra chilli if desired.
- Pickled vegetables can be prepared in advance.
- Pickles are also nice with a pinch of sugar and a little ginger.
- Try adding different spices to customise you pickles, such as toasted cumin seeds, mustard seeds or peppercorns.