- Serves 4
Greek lamb mince nachos
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°fan-forced). Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper. Spread pita in a single layer and spray both sides lightly with oil spray. Bake for 8-10 minutes, turning halfway, or until crisp and golden. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook mince, breaking up with a wooden spoon, for 4-5 minutes or until browned. Add capsicum and cook for 2 minutes. Add sauce, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly. Stir through oregano.
- Arrange pita crisps in base of a baking dish. Top with lamb mixture, sprinkle with olives and cheese. Bake in oven for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is lightly golden.
- Sprinkle with oregano leaves. Serve lamb nachos with tzatziki, green salad and lemon wedges.
- Sliced lamb rump or leg steaks or would also work well in this recipe.
- Use grated mozzarella instead of feta for a cheesier nachos.
- Any choice of tomato pasta sauce would work in this recipe – napolitana contains garlic, onions, carrots and herbs.