- Serves 6
Chermoula:Send me these ingredients
Butterflied Lamb Leg with Zesty Garlic Chermoula
- Pre-heat oven to 200◦C. Combine oil and sumac a bowl, coat lamb with this mixture. Season with a little salt.
- Heat a large frying pan over high heat until it is very hot. Sear the lamb on both sides and transfer to a baking dish. Roast for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine oil, lemon rind, juice, garlic, chilli flakes, cumin, paprika, cinnamon and salt. Using a blender or food , blend or process until smooth. Add coriander and parsley and blend until herbs are chopped but not pureed. Season to taste and add a little more lemon juice if necessary.
- After 45 minutes, remove lamb from oven. Cover loosely with foil and rest for 20 minutes before carving to serve.
- Thickly slice the lamb, serve with the chermoula and a tomato salad.
- Take the roast out of the fridge 15 minutes before cooking to ensure even cooking.
- To ensure your lamb is extra tasty, marinate it in the oil and rub sumac mixture for up to 2 hours.
- If possible, use a meat thermometer to check when lamb is done. This recipe could also be cooked in a preheated moderate barbeque oven.
- Leave lamb to rest once it comes out of the oven to allow juices to redistribute throughout the roast.
- You can use leftovers in a salad, wrap or sandwich for lunch.
- Check out Sam's youtube cooking demonstration here.