- Serves 6
Butterflied Lamb Leg with Chargrilled Potato Salad
1. In a large snap lock bag combine oil, oregano, lemon zest and juice. Season, add lamb, turn to coat and set aside for 10 minutes to marinate.
2. Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Cook for 10 mins or until just tender. Drain well. Cool slightly and cut potatoes into 3cm pieces.
3. Heat a large char-grill pan or barbecue over medium-high heat. Drain lamb from marinade and cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until charred. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for a further 12-15 minutes, turning a few times, or until cooked to your liking. Remove from heat, set aside on a tray loosely covered with foil and rest for 10 minutes. Clean pan, spray with oil, reheat over medium-high and cook potatoes for 10 minutes or until tender. Add onions for last 2-3 mins and cook, turning, until lightly charred.
4. Place potatoes, onions, peppers, tomatoes, rocket and half the pesto in a large bowl. Season, toss to coat and arrange on a serving platter.
5. Slice lamb and serve with potato salad topped with remaining pesto, parmesan, basil leaves and lemon wedges.
- Lamb leg (bone-in) is another cut that would work nicely for this recipe.
- This recipe is perfect for a shared dinner or lunch meal.
- Substitute chat potatoes for kipfler potatoes; sun-dried tomatoes for red peppers.