- Serves 4
Lamb salad with eggplant, pomegranate & tahini
- Preheat the grill to 230°C. In a small bowl, combine the yoghurt, tahini, minced garlic, 1/2 teaspoon of red wine vinegar, 1 tbsp of olive oil, 1 tsp cumin and a pinch of salt. Add 2 tbsp of water to thin out the sauce and make it as smooth as possible. Set aside.
- Rub the eggplant wedges with olive oil and salt and place on an oven tray, flesh side up. Grill for 15-20 minutes, or until soft and blackened. Once grilled to a nice dark colour, cut into bite sized chunks and set aside to cool.
- Combine the stock, 2 tbsp of olive oil, cinnamon, remaining cumin and 2 tbsp of vinegar in a small pan over medium heat. Once the mixture begins to bubble, turn off the heat and stir through the parsley, coriander, mint and roast lamb.
- Add the lettuce to a large salad bowl along with the eggplant and lamb mix and any remaining juices from the lamb pot. Toss to combine. Finish off by sprinkling the pomegranate seeds and a drizzle of the tahini yoghurt.
- This recipe works well with any lamb roasts, but can also be tried with lamb steaks or chops.
- When grilling the eggplant don’t be afraid of grilling to a nice char. The dark colour brings out the rich and smokey flavours.
- The remaining tahini yoghurt can be used as a side for when you need extra drizzle.