Chinese chilli bean lamb steaks with wombok salad
- Mix the steaks with the chilli bean paste and some vegetable oil. Cover and set aside to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Preheat a ridged chargrill over a moderately high heat. Cook the steaks for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. Cover loosely with foil and set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- To make the wombok salad: Mix the wombok, spring onion, noodles and coriander together. Season with the soy sauce and vinegar and toss to coat.
- Slice the steaks and serve with the salad.
- For a gluten free option, omit the crispy noodles.
- Try adding other vegetables to the salad, such as grated carrot, beansprouts or snow peas.
*Also known as toban djan, a fermented chilli bean sauce available from Asian grocery stores.