- Serves 6
Carrot and garlic riceSend me these ingredients
Brazilian smoky tamarind lamb leg churrasco
- Place lamb leg on a large plate or tray. Mix ingredients for glaze in a small bowl and spread evenly over the lamb.
- Rinse rice and place in a sauecpan with carrot, capsicum, garlic, 1 teaspoon olive oil and freshly ground black pepper. Pour over 1.5 cups water, stir gently. Turn stove top to a medium heat and cook until rice and vegetables are tender.
- Preheat BBQ to medium and cook lamb covered for 20 minutes, turning halfway. Rest on a clean plate, loosely covered in foil. Slice to serve.
- Pour any meat juices over rice and serve with lamb, steamed broccolini and lime wedges.
- Any kind of marinade or glaze can burn if the heat is too high or cooking time too long. For cooking a larger cut such as this butterflied lamb leg, make sure to keep an eye on the heat and turn it down if needed.
- Keeping the BBQ lid down during cooking keeps the heat circulating around the meat and cooks it quicker and more evenly than if it was open.
- You can use a mixture of lentils and rice as an alternative.
- Try with lamb loin chops or beef porterhouse steaks.