- Serves 4
Braised lamb shanks with Sichuan and orange
- Preheat oven to 180’C or 160’C fan-forced. Brush Lamb shanks with half the oil and season to taste. Place a large casserole dish or saucepan over high heat. Add lamb shanks and cook, turning, for 4-5 minutes or until browned all over. Remove from casserole dish and stand on a plate until required.
- Reduce heat to medium-high. Add remaining oil, onion, garlic, spices & mushrooms; cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until onion has softened and spices are fragrant.
- Stir in juice, beans, sauce, zest, stock and pumpkin; bring to a simmer. Cover with a lid and place in oven to cook for 2–2½ hours or until lamb shanks a very tender and pull easily away from the bone.
- Remove from oven and stir through snow peas. Cover with lid and stand for 5 minutes or until snow peas have warmed through. Season to taste.
- Serve drizzled with sauce with steamed brown rice, broccolini and sliced chilli.
- Chinese Sichuan seasoning is available from supermarkets. Substitute with Sichuan pepper or chilli flakes, if desired.
- Shiitake Mushrooms are a Japanese mushroom available from supermarkets and green grocers. Substitute with your favourite mushrooms.