- Serves 4
Roast Lamb with Ouzi Rice
- Add vegetable oil and frozen vegetables to a pot and stir occasionally until they soften. Add spices and stir for 5 minutes more ensuring vegetables are all coated well with the mix of spices.
- Soak rice in boiling water for 20 minutes then strain the water off. Place vegetable oil and rice in a pot. Add water and spices. Bring to the boil. Once the rice starts appearing at the surface, reduce the heat, place the lid on and simmer until the rice is fully cooked. Assembly: place rice in serving tray and top with cooked vegetable mixture.
- Turn oven on to 180°C. Mix oil, garlic, salt, pepper and vegetable stock powder well until they form a paste-like mixture. Make deep slits in the leg of lamb, all the way around, using a sharp knife. Place the leg of lamb in a large oven bag then insert spice mix in the slits, spreading the rest of the spice paste all around the outside of the lamb. Top with rosemary pieces, seal the oven bag and make a small opening on the top using scissors. Place in the oven at 180°C for 1 hour then reduce the heat to 150°C and leave the lamb in there for 3.5 more hours.
- Start cooking the lamb first, when there is an hour cooking time remaining start working on the rice and vegetable components
- Lamb cooking time depends solely on the size of the leg of lamb. Large pieces require 4 hours total until the oven, smaller pieces require 3 hours total cooking time.
Recipe by @walla_abueid