- Serves 4
Lemongrass & chilli lamb cutlets
- Place lamb cutlets, half the oil, chilli and lemongrass in a large snap-lock bag. Season and toss well to coat.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat and cook cutlets, in batches, if necessary, for 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Set aside on a plate loosely covered with foil to rest for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl place onion, avocado, tomatoes and cucumber and add lime zest and juice, mint and remaining oil. Season and toss well to coat.
- Serve cutlets with avocado salsa, lime wedges, mint leaves, salad leaves and capsicum.
- Lamb loin chops, forequarter chops or chump chops would also work well in this recipe.
- For frenched lamb cutlets, reduce cooking time by half.
- Use your choice of herbs – coriander, oregano or parsley would also work well; finely dice some capsicum or add some corn kernels to the salsa, if desired.
- For a time saver use lemongrass and chilli pastes available at the supermarket.