Caraway and maple glazed lamb rack
- Brush lamb with oil and sprinkle with caraway seeds. Combine balsamic and maple syrup in a small bowl with salt and pepper and pour over lamb.
- Preheat oven to 200°C fan forced and cook lamb for 20 minutes for medium. Baste lamb once or twice to help glaze to coat the lamb. Rest for 10 minutes then slice between bones into portions.
- Heat oil in a medium frying pan with a lid and cook leeks for 10-12 minutes, covered, until very soft.
- Steam sweet potato for 20-30 minutes or until very tender. Mash with milk and gently fold through leek. Season to taste.
- Steam broccolini for 3-4 minutes until cooked to your liking and serve with colcannon and lamb.
- Don't worry if the glaze slides off the lamb at first, it will thicken on the tray as it cooks making it easier to baste.
- Try adding different whole spices to the lamb to vary the glaze such as cumin, fennel or mustard seeds.
- Use brown sugar if you don't have maple syrup