- Serves 6
Yoghurt SauceSend me these ingredients
Butterflied lamb leg with kale salad
- Preheat barbecue to medium and cook lamb, covered, for 25 minutes, turning halfway. Transfer to a clean plate, season, loosely cover with foil and rest for 10 minutes. Thinly slice lamb.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large non-stick frypan over medium heat. Add onions and currants, season and cook for 10-12 minutes or until onions have softened and caramelised. Add kale, carrot and lemon juice; toss to combine. Cook for a further minute then remove to serving bowl. Serve with sliced lamb, yoghurt sauce and mint sprigs.
- YOGHURT SAUCE: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl with half a teaspoon of sea salt flakes. Stir to combine, adding enough warm water to give it a thick creamy consistency.
- Ensure the thickness of the butterflied lamb leg is even by slicing and opening out the thicker half. This will ensure even cooking.
- Leftover lamb can be sliced and added to a salad with sliced baby cos lettuce and tabbouleh.
- Make sandwiches from leftover lamb; other fillings can include pickles and sliced tomato or hummus and sliced cucumber.