- Serves 4
Braised lamb and white beans with Crumble recipe
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Heat oil in a large casserole dish over medium-high heat. Season the lamb with salt and pepper, add to dish in batches and brown well (2-3 minutes). Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining lamb.
- Add onion, capsicum and celery, saute until onion is tender and translucent (4-5 minutes), then stir in garlic and smoked paprika. Return lamb to dish and add tomatoes, thyme and 350ml water. Season to taste and bring to the boil.
- Cover pan with foil or a lid, transfer to oven and braise for 2 hours. Stir in beans, re-cover and return to oven until lamb is very tender (30 minutes). Stir through vinegar and season to taste.
- Meanwhile, for the crunchy crumbs, heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add breadcrumbs and cook (3-4 minutes), stirring occasionally, until golden brown. Stir in garlic and chilli until fragrant, remove from heat. Season to taste and stir in parsley.
- To serve, scatter breadcrumbs over casserole and serve with mayonnaise and mixed leaf salad.
- Use mince instead of diced lamb for a quicker cook time.